Monday, March 7, 2011

Why Do Cats Play Patty Cake With Each Other?

2010 .- How Do You Know


James L. Brooks is a character that I personally find it very distinctive, as in his films always end with respect or like it or looking the worst. If we talk about who has written and directed Terns Of Endearment is one of my favorite films, Broadcast News I loved like As Good as It Gets. But on the contrary Spanglish, I'll Do Anything and How Do You Know now are films that seem pathetic, I've seen it once and do not think any days to repeat.

How Do You Know has an enviable cast. Reese Witherspoon gives a solid performance, like Paul Rudd co-star is well on your paper. Owen Wilson is better than expected, and Nicholson is fine, nothing special. But this great cast does not do honor the script. A script that takes too many problems and is developing an incredibly fast. Do not have time to think, and is 100% predictable, not a single ray of surprise in it. This is a bit disappointing because if something is excellent Brooks movies are his scripts, their dialogues. Or who fancies winning Helen Hunt Oscar without those little comedy talks about his character had so much drama?. But the effort is seen in How Do You Know, but is an effort that even amateur can tell me to me. And it is noteworthy that efforts are very cliché, I did 100% of the typical American movie in which James L. no we are accustomed.

Leaving the script aside, I must say that I found quite right direction. Very in place.
Well not that we're talking about here asshole! Perhaps the film was a good idea gone bad?, Finally, the important thing here is that went wrong XD and I particularly do not find any reason to recommend this film, none (being big fan of Rudd, Witherspoon and Brooks).

Best: Paul Rudd
Worst: The script
Note: 2 / 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment